Monday, July 28, 2008

Howard Rheingold on Why use forums?

Howard Rheingold's latest video reminds me of the cognitive overload associated with subscribing to forums. It also explains why my replies answer a variety of questions in a single message.

If you are new to embedding media in posts, checkout his video called the Social Media Classroom: Why use forums?

In addition to his videos, he has a historical perspective on the future of the Web as it was envisioned in 1996. Intriguing and fresh, Dr. Rheingold's explorations are well worth reviewing and he offers glimpses into his current research at hrheingold over Twitter.

1 comment:

Dave said...

One small problem. If there are four people, I only see three emails, not four, because I don't usually send one to myself. Likewise with ten people (nine emails), etc.