These articles discuss the future of virtual worlds and the viewpoint ranges from the institution, teaching in a virtual world, student learning, the workplace of the future and an examination of the issues that impact the use of a virtual learning environment.
Back to (Virtual) School
- Virtual Worlds? “Outlook Good” by AJ Kelton
- Higher Education as Virtual Conversation by Sarah Robbins-Bell
- Educational Frontiers: Learning in a Virtual World by Cynthia Calongne
- Looking to the Future: Higher Education in the Metaverse by Chris Collins
- Drawing a Roadmap: Barriers and Challenges to Designing the Ideal Virtual World for Higher Education by Chris Johnson
Educause Review, Volume 43, Number 5, September/October 2008