If you have issues running Second Life smoothly after touring in it, your cache may be congested. Use the ctrl key + p to access the preferences (under the Edit menu), select the Network tab and the Clear Cache button. Quit Second Life and restart the software. It will take a minute to clear the cache.
Initial Recommendations from the Moodle Analysis:
- Need for consistency
- Location of assignments and handouts
- Integrate with campus email
- Embed a link to Outlook access for MyCampus
- Schedule sensitivity for full-time working students
- Lock your camera on an object or avatar with the Alt key + left click
- To circle around the object or avatar, use the View menu, Camera Controls and the left-hand wheel - can also do it by holding down the ctrl key + alt key + left mouse button and moving the hand slowly.
- Click the Build button
- Select a shape (we used spheres)
- While in edit mode, hold the shift key and drag an arrow to copy the sphere
- Stretch the sphere by selecting the Stretch radio menu in the top left corner
- Drag on one of the white, green, red or blue boxes. White is proportional; Green, red and blue stretch in a single direction (x,y, or z - left-right, forward-back, up-down)
- SCIP - Security Check-in Point
- Digital Dashboard