Sunday, March 29, 2009

Last day of the VWBPE 09 Conference

Due to the phenomenal efforts of the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Committee, this year's conference was a great experience.

I was delighted with this year's conference. The huge turnout resulted in full sims and great conversation.
Lag happens, and still people connect, meet minds, share ideas and establish strong social networks. Highlights for me were Kim Pasturnak's session on Process Drama and my trivia game session on Identity and Culture.

See the Selkie in the photo on the left? Kim blends storytelling with generative drama to evoke strong opinions from each participant.

Both Kim Flintoff's slides and my Identity and Culture game slides are available on Slideshare. I'd like to say that I took a host of lovely photos, but I was preoccupied while chatting with the game participants. I had as much fun as they did! *grins*

Zana Kohime's tireless efforts during the conference were recognized at the Closing Ceremonies. A limited number of residents are seen on screen to increase performance, so you cannot tell from the photo that the sims were full.

Afterwards, we attended the closing ceremonies and a party. Again, thanks to LoriVonne, Phelan, Pooky and Marty as well as the many other conference staff who made this year a success. See you next year at Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2010! *cheers*

More information on my conference session follows in the next post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am new to Second Life and am excited by its possibilities for educators. I learned about the conference by following the Linden Second Life Blog on Twitter, While I was not able to attend many sessions, i thoroughly enjoyed your presentation and Kim Flintoff's presentation.

I hope to follow both of you as I learn more about Second Life.

Thank you!